Effective April 7, 2020: All LTC (license to carry) renewal applications should be mailed to the East Bridgewater Police Department, PO Box 475, East Bridgewater, MA 02333 along with a check made out to the Town of East Bridgewater in the amount of $100.00. All LTC (license to carry) new applications will be on hold until further notice.
Effective immediately, chapter 140, sections 122, 122B, 129B, 131, 131A, 131F and 131H have been amended to change the fee schedule for Massachusetts firearms licenses. The $100.00 fee collected from the licenses are generally allocated for $50.00 for the Commonwealth, $25.00 for the licensing authority, and $25.00 for the Firearms Fingerprint Identity Verification Trust Fund. Note that there is still no fee for applicants over 70 years of age. The license fees are now as follows:
- Dealers License (including Gunsmiths) $100
- License to Sell Ammunition $100
- Firearms Identification Card $100
- Firearms Identification Card – Restricted (Chemical Propellant Only) $25 (No charge for renewal applications for “Restricted” FID Cards)
- License to Carry Firearms $100 (Includes license to possess machine guns)
- License to Carry Firearms for Law Enforcement Officials or Local, State, or Federal Government Entities Acting on Their Behalf $25
- Permits to Purchase $100
- Non-resident and Non-resident Alien $100
- Resident Alien $100
Licensing Officers – Officer John Smith, Officer Joshua DeJesus and Officer Patrick O’Brien
To request an appointment for a new or renewal of a LTC (license to carry):
- Email: LTC@ebmass.com and leave your full name, date of birth and a contact phone number to receive a call back to set up an appointment.
- Please indicate if it is new application or a renewal. If it is a renewal please include the expiration date of the current license.