Effective June 25, 2020: We will be taking LTC (license to carry) renewal applications and LTC (license to carry) new applications again.
To request an appointment for a new or renewal of a LTC (license to carry), please complete the form below.
Visit Mass.gov To learn more about How to Apply for a Firearms License.
Effective immediately, chapter 140, sections 122, 122B, 129B, 131, 131A, 131F and 131H have been amended to change the fee schedule for Massachusetts firearms licenses. The $100.00 fee collected from the licenses are generally allocated for $50.00 for the Commonwealth, $25.00 for the licensing authority, and $25.00 for the Firearms Fingerprint Identity Verification Trust Fund. Note that there is still no fee for applicants over 70 years of age. The license fees are now as follows:
- License to Carry Firearms $100
- License to Carry Firearms – Retired Law Enforcement $25
- Firearms Identification Card $100
- Firearms Identification Card – Applicants under 18 years old $25
- Non-Resident Firearms License $100
- Non-resident and Non-resident Alien $100
- Resident Alien Permit $100
Licensing Officers: Officer John Smith, Officer Joshua DeJesus and Officer Patrick O’Brien
Supervisor: Sergeant John Grillo