Effective immediately, chapter 140, sections 122, 122B, 129B, 131, 131A, 131F and 131H have been amended to change the fee schedule for Massachusetts firearms licenses. The $100.00 fee collected from the licenses are generally allocated for $50.00 for the Commonwealth, $25.00 for the licensing authority, and $25.00 for the Firearms Fingerprint Identity Verification Trust Fund. Note that there is still no fee for applicants over 70 years of age. The license fees are now as follows:
- Dealers License (including Gunsmiths) $100
- License to Sell Ammunition $100
- Firearms Identification Card $100
- Firearms Identification Card – Restricted (Chemical Propellant Only) $25 (No charge for renewal applications for “Restricted” FID Cards)
- License to Carry Firearms $100 (Includes license to possess machine guns)
- License to Carry Firearms for Law Enforcement Officials or Local, State, or Federal Government Entities Acting on Their Behalf $25
- Permits to Purchase $100
- Non-resident and Non-resident Alien $100
- Resident Alien $100
Licensing Officers – Officer John Smith, Officer Joshua DeJesus and Officer Patrick O’Brien
To request an appointment for a new or renewal of a LTC (license to carry):
- Email: LTC@ebmass.com and leave your full name, date of birth and a contact phone number to receive a call back to set up an appointment.
- Please indicate if it is new application or a renewal. If it is a renewal please include the expiration date of the current license.