Scott Allen, Chief of Police
153 Central St.
East Bridgewater, MA 02333
For Immediate Release
Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2018
Contact: Benjamin Paulin
East Bridgewater Police Arrest and Charge Man with Illegal Possession of Firearm
EAST BRIDGEWATER — Chief Scott Allen reports that the East Bridgewater Police Department arrested and charged a man with illegally possessing a gun on Monday.
JOSHUA ZUKOWSKI, AGE 19, OF EAST BRIDGEWATER was charged with:
- Receiving a Firearm with a Defaced Serial Number
- Possession of a Firearm Without a FID Card
- Improper Storage of a Firearm
- Possession to Distribute a Class D Drug (Marijuana)
- Possession of a Class D Drug (Marijuana)
- Possession to Distribute a Class B Drug (LSD)
- Possession of a Class B Drug (Cocaine)
At approximately 2 p.m. Monday, East Bridgewater Police were dispatched to a home on South Street after receiving a call from family members who were concerned about ZUKOWSKI.
While at the home, a family member gave a loaded handgun to the officers that had been found in ZUKOWKI’S bedroom and requested that it be removed from the home due to safety concerns.
A Hi-Point .45 caliber pistol was seized and East Bridgewater Police and WEB Task Force detectives initiated a followup investigation and a search warrant was issued several hours later.
In searching the house police allegedly found and seized:
- 14 rounds of .45 caliber ammunition
- One round of 410 caliber ammunition
- Marijuana (522.8 grams)
- Marijuana Edibles (136 doses)
- Cocaine (5.9 grams)
- LSD (50 doses)
- $4,900 cash
- Drug Packaging Materials
ZUKOWSKI, who does not have a license to carry a firearm, was arrested without incident Monday and was expected to be arraigned today at Brockton District Court.
These are allegations. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty.